Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A History of Friends

So far on this blog I really haven't told that much about my life. However, that's all about to change by this post. Everyone has issues and mine suddenly reapeared since being back in MN.

First of, I would like to explain my circle of close friends (all of which that will have code names). First there is Liz who is back in Utah. She lived in MN for abt two years when I was thirteen and she was fourteen and during that time we became inseperable. Each summer we would take turns flying out and visiting each other for a couple weeks until now where I go to college ten minutes away from her college. The funny thing is, that was unplanned.

Next, their's Jenny (age 21) who is engaged to a person I strongly despise after meeting him only once. Biased? Probably. We have been friends since are agnsty years also.

Then there's Linton and Dillian. I absolutely love those boys! They are so amazing, fun to be with, pretty much perfect friends, and both on missions for two years for our church at the age of twenty. (They are not paid for it.) I first met them at the age of eleven. I thought they were crazy, but Linton actually was my first kiss/boyfriend at the age of 15. I find that slightly ironic since the LDS youth aren't suppose to date until their 16 which created a slight dillema and creative "hanging-outs". That lasted for about a year and then ended on good terms. We still are really good friends and I was there when he left for his mission with the rest of his family and Liz. A brief tangent: It was the weirdest feeling I may have ever experienced. My friend that I first met at 11 years old was dressed in a suit with a different demener than I have ever encountered from him. It was like a light switch: I watched him flip from a boy to a man. Linton gave me one last hug, started walking away, and then came back again. He hugged me once more, looked me in the eye and said, "I love you" and left. It was so cute! I can't get over it. It wasn't "I wanna marry you" love. It was "thanks for being my friend" love. I have never felt more proud for a friend before.

This is getting longer than previously desired, so I'll be brief for the rest...possibly. Dillian just knows how to have a good time without doing anything stupid. We can go to a playground (and often did) to play some sort of tag and it will be a blast. He can also express his emotions and analyze people the best I have ever seen from a straight male.

His twin, Jeff is also extremely fun to hang out with, but is preoccupied with his girlfriend Diana. I'm pretty sure they will get married eventually, but are waiting to get farther in school.

Matt and Katie (both 21) have been going out now for four years. I can't imagine them seperated, but they have issues being together. I think the real problem at hand is that they can't imagine breaking up since they've been together for so long. A break up would kind of mean that four years was a complete waste of time--or that's what they feel the dilema is.

Jill is a relatively new friend. Funny story: I met her last summer and decided to start inviting her to various things and giving her rides. I introduced her to my friend Jack, who I had a pretty big crush on at the time. Three days later, Jack is completely head over heals for Jill. I'm trying to decided if I'm still bitter. The unfortunate thing is, is that the two are in a psycho couple limbo. She refuses to come out and say that their dating, but he is still persistent after a year. I personally am impressed.

But here is where the true soap opera begins: Ben. As this story progresses, keep in mind that I've been friends with this guy since the age of eleven. While I was dating Linton at the age of 15, I decided that I liked Ben. This caused the first break up. However, Ben did something to make me increadibly angry so I started dating Linton for the second time (and last).

Fast forward to the age of 17, Ben and I started spending more time with each other so we decided to start dating. This went on for a good chunk of time when the love chemical starts running out. The rose glasses were coming off when out of the blue I get a facebook message from his Ex. The guy was cheating on me and she proved it, loud and clear. The funny thing is that when I confronted him, I caught him in so many lies it was ridiculous. The invigorating thing is that despite all his numerous flaws, Ben still had charm. We didn't start dating again, but...we were still friends.

Fast Forward to this past fall. I went to BYU and he happened to move out to Provo to live with his sister and work. We only hung out once and during that time I made the mistake of telling him that I was dating someone. Ben mentioned that he wanted to meet him. AUH!!! I have to go so I'll have to finish this long blog later. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment