Friday, March 27, 2009

The Creation

Emily once told me that I should start my own blog and I decided to do it! How very exciting. I'm fairly sure that I'll go through phases. I'll start off writing every single day then slowly progress to not writing at all. But till that point, I progress.

I don't think anyone knows how much thought I put into things like this. For example, coming up with a name for the blog was extremely taxing. Jess (my roomate) suggested My Life which I found to be slightly unoriginal. I thought of A Day And A life, but decided that was even worse. My next idea was For Better or For Worse, but Jess pointed out that it sounded like marriage. Therefore, I started googling famous lines in literature which led me to "It was the worst of times, it was the best of times". That didn't really work because a) I don't consider myself to be in the worst of times b) I was afraid of copy write laws and c) it was too cheasy. That's when I hit upon The Inner Workings! Doesn't it send chills up your spine? It's like naming a book. I debated somewhat of The Intrinsic Workings, but then decided that I have difficulty pronouncing the word.

Then I had to worry about the background! It took quite some time, let me tell you. I wanted it to be simple yet beautiful. Decorated, but not to decorated to detract from the blogs. I'm still not sure how I like it, but it will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment